In 1908 the present practice was started by Dr Ronald French in Kingswood. He was quickly joined by Dr Tudge in Chipstead in 1910 and Dr F A Dick in Walton-on-the-Hill in 1913. Dr D B Smallshaw joined the practice in 1931 to look after the new estates in Nork and Epsom Downs. Dr J K Smallshaw joined his father in 1961 when the partnership consisted of eight doctors.
Up to 1968, the doctors all practised from their own houses and branch surgeries in private houses. In 1965 the original practice was divided into two four-doctor practices, but due to illness Dr J K Smallshaw became single-handed in 1967 to be joined by Dr J R Mansfield in 1968.
The Longcroft Clinic opened in 1972 and the practice grew from there to its recent size of 13 doctors.